Phoenix transit officials said Wednesday that union members and one of the city's contracted bus service providers have yet to reach an agreement, marking six days of interrupted service for many in the Valley.
Each day certain city routes are being conducted some on a Saturday-level service.
The Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) Local 1433 rejected TransDev's best and final offer last Friday announcing the strike at midnight. They're been meeting with company officials since then, but have not been able to come to an agreement.
The sticking points for ATU are a tiered payment system; termination clause; safety equipment; restrooms; how they're paid; monitoring camera (they want them removed); communication [they want email access]; discipline; and vacation and bereavement.
TIPS FROM PHOENIX PUBLIC TRANSIT:
- Make an alternative travel plan.
- Purchase All-Day passes over Multi-Day passes. They will not issue refunds due to the strike, according to the official release.
- See if other co-workers can car pool and use a Park N Ride.
- Sign up for a vanpool at ValleyMetro.org.
- Ask employer if you can work from home
AFFECTED BUS ROUTES (via Phoenix Public Transit Department)
- 0- Central Ave.
- 1- Washington/Jefferson
- 7-7th Street
- 8-7th Ave.
- 10-Roosevelt/32nd Street
- 12-12th Street
- 15-15th Ave.
- 16-16th Street
- 19-19th Ave.
- 27-27th Ave.
- 28-Lower Buckeye
- 35-35th Ave.
- 39-40th Street North Phoenix
- 44-44th St/Tatum
- 60-Bethany Home
- 70-Glendale/24th Street
- 90-Dunlap/Cave Creek
- 106-Peoria; 122-Cactus
- 186-Union Hills/Mayo
- The SMART (Sunnyslope) and DASH (downtown) circulators and all RAPID commuter routes: Central South Mountain East; Central South Mountain West; I-10 East, I-10 West, I-17 and SR-51.