Fire crews were able to extinguish a fire coming from a guest home near 27th Avenue and Van Buren Street.
According to officials, a man living in a guest home behind a home heard popping sounds at 6:30 a.m. He woke up, got out and saw smoke and flames.
Phoenix fire crews knocked down the flames and the fire did not extend to the front home.
Officials say the cause is most likely an electrical issue.
There were no injuries, and the man will be displaced. Five dogs that were on the property are okay too.