Traveling around the Valley this weekend? Here are several closures around the Phoenix-area from ADOT:
· Eastbound Interstate 10 closed between the I-17 "Stack" interchange and State Route 51 from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (Aug. 19) for quarterly tunnel cleaning and maintenance. North- and southbound I-17 ramps to eastbound I-10 also closed. DETOUR: Eastbound I-10 traffic will be detoured to southbound I-17 and can reconnect with I-10 near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
· Westbound Interstate 10 closed between the I-17 "Split" interchange and Seventh Avenue from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Aug. 20) for tunnel maintenance. Southbound State Route 51 ramp to westbound I-10 closed. Westbound Loop 202 ramp to westbound I-10 will be open but traffic just exit I-10 at Seventh Street and use alternate routes, including McDowell Road. Traffic using Sky Harbor Airport's west-end ramp will only have access to northbound SR 51 or eastbound Loop 202 (no access to westbound I-10). Southbound I-17 ramp to westbound I-10 near Sky Harbor Airport also closed. DETOUR: Westbound I-10 traffic will be detoured to northbound I-17 at the Split interchange near Sky Harbor and can reconnect with I-10 at the Stack.
· Indian School Road closed in both directions at Interstate 17 from 9 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday (Aug. 19) for installation work on wrong-way vehicle detection system. Both I-17 off-ramps at Indian School Road closed. DETOUR: Alternate routes include Thomas or Camelback roads. Indian School Road traffic approaching I-17 will be required to make right turns onto frontage roads and can access freeway on-ramps. Note: The pilot I-17 wrong-way vehicle alert system will be installed between I-10 and Loop 101 over the next three months. The system will be fully operational by early 2018.
· Westbound Northern Avenue left turns to southbound I-17 on-ramp not permitted through 5 a.m. Friday (Aug. 25) due to Southwest Gas utility line work. Northbound I-17 frontage road closed to through traffic at the end of the northbound I-17 off-ramp and extending north of Northern Avenue. DETOUR: Traffic will detour on east- and westbound Northern Avenue. Alternate routes include Glendale or Dunlap avenues. Note: These restrictions are already in place.
· Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane overnight between State Route 587 (Casa Blanca Road) and the Gila River Bridge in the southeast Valley from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights (Aug. 20-25) for pavement improvements. DETOUR: Westbound I-10 traffic traveling beyond Phoenix area can avoid work-zone restrictions by detouring on westbound I-8 to northbound State Route 85 to access I-10. Allow extra travel time.
· Westbound Interstate 10 ramp to northbound Loop 303 in Goodyear closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Saturday (Aug. 19) for bridge-structure painting. DETOUR: Drivers can exit westbound I-10 to northbound Sarival Avenue and use westbound McDowell Road and northbound Cotton Lane to access northbound Loop 303.
· Westbound Interstate 10 off-ramp at 59th Avenue closed from 3 a.m. Saturday to 8 p.m. Sunday (Aug. 20) for Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange construction. DETOUR: Please use other nearby exit ramps, including 51st Avenue.
· Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane overnight at 59th Avenue from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (Aug. 21) for bridge work. Eastbound I-10 also closed briefly at times as needed. DETOUR: Traffic will detour along off- and on-ramps at 59th Avenue when eastbound I-10 is closed. Please allow extra travel time.