Mobile home catches fire in Tucson after propane torch used to burn spiders

TUCSON, AZ - Tucson fire officials say a propane torch used to burn spiders is a suspected cause of a mobile home fire on Sunday night. 

According to the Tucson Fire Department, crews responded to a report of a mobile home fire near Fort Lowell Road and Alvernon Way just before 9:30 p.m.

As crews arrived, an elderly woman was found on the ground safely from the trailer.

The woman suffered minor injuries as she was carried out of the unit by her son and neighbors.

Fire officials say the damage was contained to the single mobile home.

The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but firefighters suspect the blaze was a result of using a propane torch to burn spiders and spider webs from under the trailer. 

It took multiple units 11 minutes to control the fire. 

Fire officials say open flame burning is not permitted within Tucson city limits. 

Print this article Back to Top

Your Region News
West Valley Phoenix Metro Southeast Valley Northeast Valley Northern Arizona Central/Southern AZ