The man serving a life sentence in the January 2011 shooting in Tucson that killed six and injured many others, including then-Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, has filed a $25 million lawsuit against her.
Jared Loughner seeks $25 million in punitive damages against Giffords for "causing me emotion and psychological distress," according to the March 18 filing.
"My incarceration is illegal. I am actually innocent. I was Framed. I am a victim of project mk-ultra the govt. put a chip in my head to control my mind," Loughner claims.
Note: Capitalizations, abbreviations, spelling and grammatical errors are reflective of the documents filed.
Among Loughner's more outlandish claims:
- Giffords is part of the Illuminati
- She "never got shot, it was all an act," she learned from watching Ronald Reagan movies
- He's become "sick and delusional" from chemtrails in the sky
- He was "handpicked illegally to be a sleeper assassin"
- He's waterboarded everyday by the NSA, CIA, ATF on Gifford's orders
- She set up "poor man" Cliven Bundy and "infiltrated" the ranch
- She financed the shooters in the deadly San Bernardino shooting
- His attorney framed Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the man convicted in the Boston Marathon bombings
- He does not get access to NPR or CSPAN
The convicted killer sent the filing from Rochester, Minnesota where he is serving his sentence.
Giffords suffered a gunshot wound to the head and underwent months of treatment because of the shooting.
READ THE COMPLETE FILING BELOW:
(Having trouble seeing the document? Click here)