An Amber Alert issued shortly after midnight on Tuesday has been canceled after the three-year-old boy and vehicle police were looking for were found.
The boy was not hurt, Sgt. Pete Dugan, public information officer for Tucson Police Department, confirmed in a tweet.
The suspect was still missing, he said.
Authorities issued the alert after a reported carjacking and abduction in Tucson involving a three-year-old child.
Police said a woman was forced into her vehicle outside a store in Tucson where her child was in the back seat. The suspect allegedly made a threat to harm the child if she did not cooperate, said police.
Police said at some point the man slowed down for a fire truck and the woman jumped out of the vehicle. The child remained in the back seat.
Shortly after 1 a.m. -- about an hour after the alert was first issued -- Sgt. Dugan said in a tweet that the child and vehicle had been located and that the child was "unharmed."
The suspect is described as a 6-foot-tall man with a wide build. He may be wearing a black jacket, black pants and black hat. He also may smell of beer and have brass knuckles on him, said police.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Tucson Police.