An attorney for accused sexual predator Tyler Kost wants to know why one of the alleged victim's Facebook accounts was deleted.
Kost has been labeled a "serial rapist" by Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu.
Kost's charges include sexual assault and molestation; his alleged 13 victims range in age from 13 to 17, all girls. He had a hearing Monday in Florence.
Kost's lawyers have requested, and were granted, access to Facebook communications from all 13 of Kost's alleged victims.
Kost's attorneys said several of the alleged victims used Facebook to plot revenge against Kost, which gave rise to the allegations. One alleged victim called him a "player," and several gathered to watch the teenage revenge movie "John Tucker Must Die," Kost's attorneys said.
The attorneys must now sort through approximately 100,000 pages of documents to uncover the extent of any further collaboration among alleged victims, Kost's attorney said.
But Kost's lawyer Michael Alarid III said in court Monday that one of the alleged victim's accounts had been deleted. Alarid wants to know why and if it amounts to interference with the justice process.
Kost, now 19, was arrested in May of 2014. He gave his parents only one quick glance Monday inside the courtroom. His attorney said Monday that it is "devastating" for his parents to have to go through another Christmas while Kost remains in jail.
Kost's next court date is set for February.