NewsCentral & Southern Arizona NewsCasa Grande News


Man arrested after 4 family members killed in Casa Grande

Richard Wilson
Posted at 2:40 PM, Sep 05, 2022
and last updated 2022-09-06 01:29:05-04

CASA GRANDE, AZ — Four people, including a five-year-old, are dead after authorities say a family member killed them at a Casa Grande home Sunday.

At about 1:45 p.m., the Pinal County Sheriff's Office received a 911 call at a home near Rosemead Drive and Bel Air Road.

When deputies arrived they found four people dead. Authorities allege they were killed by 21-year-old Richard Wilson, a family member.

The victims have been identified as:

-47-year-old Richard Wilson, the suspect's father.
-50-year-old Ellen Otterman, the suspect's mother.
-16-year-old Rudy Wilson, the suspect's sister.
-5-year-old Renaya White, the suspect's niece.

Officials say the suspect was at the scene when deputies arrived and was arrested.

He has been booked into the Pinal County Jail and is facing four counts of first-degree murder. He is being held on a $2.5 million bond.

ABC15 spoke to neighbors who say, "It was just scary knowing that this could happen next door," said Joy Moreno.

Moreno says it was a shock, police spotlights remained until 3:30 a.m.

"This act of depraved violence will have long lasting effects on all those who knew this family," said Sheriff Mark Lamb. " While nothing will bring their loved ones back, I send my prayers and support to everyone affected.

“It was quite a horrific scene,” said the Chief Deputy for the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office, Matthew Thomas. “Our guys and gals that showed up there were deeply affected by this.”

Deputies not releasing too many details but telling ABC15 the main weapon was a knife, and Wilson’s sister tried to call for help during the chaos.

“The line disconnected during her call, and ultimately she became one of the victims as well,” said Chief Deputy Thomas.

He said deputies have been in contact with the suspect and at the home before but not for anything “of this caliber”.

An investigation remains underway.