A recent survey commissioned by The EasyLock, a British temporary door lock manufacturer, revealed more than half of the 2,000 people surveyed knew someone who had an item stolen from their hotel room.
Play it smart by following these AAA Travel tips to ensure you’re not one of the unfortunate victims.
- Anytime you leave your hotel room, be sure to place any valuable items out of sight.
- Most hotel rooms have an in-room safe that resets the code with each new guest. It’s wise to store valuables in it.
- While you’re in the hotel room, use the swing-bar lock to prevent unauthorized entries.
- Think twice about what you pack. If you’d be devastated without it, it may be best to leave it at home.
- Consider trip insurance, which may cover more than trip cancelations and delays. It may help protect lost or stolen items.
AAA is a travel resource. Visit http://highroads.az.aaa.com/ for more travel tips, tricks and information.