PHOENIX — When you think of pizza, you probably think of New York or Chicago, well it’s about time to start thinking of Arizona.
In a new survey study from TheDailyMeal.com, they found the top 101 pizzas in America. After looking at over 1,000 different pizzas they created their survey and three pizzerias in Arizona were named in the top 20.
9. Lou Malnati’s– “The Lou Malnati’s deep-dish comes in four sizes: 6-inch individual (serves one), 9-inch small (serves two), 12-inch medium (serves three) and 14-inch large (serves four). No matter the size, make sure one of your picks is the Malnati Chicago Classic: a casserole-like pizza made with Lou’s lean sausage, some extra mozzarella and vine-ripened tomato sauce on buttercrust.”
17. Pizzeria Bianco– “Even though Chris Bianco no longer personally makes every pie that Pizzeria Bianco turns out, the pizzas at this legendary Phoenix, Arizona, restaurant gave the chef his initial claim to fame. This is another case where any pie will likely be better than most you’ve had in your life. The Rosa, with red onions, rosemary and pistachios, is especially noteworthy, but the signature Margherita will recalibrate your pizza baseline forever with its simple tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella and basil.”
18. Grimaldi’s Pizzeria– “It’s been tucked away near the base of the Brooklyn Bridge since 1990, it moved into a new space next door in 2011, it was purchased by owner Frank Ciolli’s son (who also runs a chain of the same name) in early 2019, and the pizza is every bit as delicious as it’s always been.”
In the top 5 spots for the best pizzas in America were:
- Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana (New Haven, Connecticut)
- Lucali (Brooklyn, New York)
- Razza Pizza Artigianale (Jersey City, New Jersey)
- Pequod’s (Chicago, Illinois)
- Buddy’s Pizza (Detroit, Michigan)