Affiliated Dermatology is a paid sponsor of Sonoran Living.
What is a Chemical Peel?
Chemical peels natural collagen production in the skin, activating the skin to develop new healthy skin cells. They also contain ingredients to lighten and eliminate pigmentation, as well as plump up fine lines and wrinkles. We have a treatment for all skin types and most skin conditions with a variety of peel depths ranging from superficial and light to medium or deep. The changes to your skin happen on a cellular level and continue to improve with each treatment.
What to Expect During a Chemical Peel?
During treatment, you may feel a slight warming or stinging sensation on your skin, which will only last for a few minutes. Your procedure will be completed within 30 minutes and you will be given post-procedure instruction one of our licensed aestheticians.
Once your procedure has been completed, your skin may be pink and a little sensitive to the touch for a while. After a few days, you may notice some shedding or peeling of your skin, which is a normal part of an advanced exfoliation procedure. Despite the flaking and peeling, keep your face moisturized and protected from the sun. Some people experience significant peeling, while others have no visible peeling. If you experience no peeling, your skin is still exfoliating on a cellular level, which will reveal healthier skin.
What are the Benefits of Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels are used to restore a youthful, vibrant appearance to wrinkled, blotchy, sun-damaged skin. The post-peel result is glowing, healthy skin. Peels can address and improve visible skin imperfections such as:
● Skin tone and texture
● Fine lines and wrinkles
● Pore size
●Hyperpigmentation and sun damage
● Superficial scars, such as acne scars
● Acne and blemish breakouts
Who is a Candidate for Chemical Peels?
Anyone who is wanting to improve the appearance of their skin due to aging, sun damage, acne, or acne scarring, are good candidates for chemical peels. If you have a sunburn or any cuts on your skin, it is best to allow your skin to heal before chemical treatments.
Which Chemical Peel is Right for You?
There are types of chemical peels that are better suited for different skin types and skin goals. We take pride in offering peels from PCA, SkinMedica, and The Perfect Derma to our aesthetics patients! We offer a variety of different skin peels, here are a few that our patients are loving right now:
● PCA Peel will even skin tone and provide more exfoliation for oilier, thicker and more resilient skin types. It is extremely effective on sun damaged and thickened skin. It is also excellent for those with active or cystic acne and asphyxiated skin (dry on the surface, oily underneath), or those who require deeper treatment.
●Ultra Peel is specially formulated to treat maturing skin. This peel is appropriate for many other skin types, conditions, and sensitivities. It will help improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while promoting an even skin tone and clear complexion.
● Illuminize Peel helps provide vibrant, radiant-looking skin with minimal downtime. This peel brightens the overall appearance of skin for radiant looking skin and a more uniform complexion after one peel.
● Perfect Derma Peel is a safe, effective medium depth peel for all skin types & ethnicities. This peel is virtually painless, with no pre-peel skin preparation and little downtime. This peel is the only peel that includes the powerful anti-oxidant Glutathione, which lightens and brightens the skin, slows down the aging process and helps prevent wrinkles.
Take advantage of our exclusive promotion for our Sonoran Living viewers: a complimentary aesthetics consultation and 30% OFF a package of chemical peels! To book your complimentary aesthetics consultation and to schedule a chemical peel, call us at (602) 775-5026 ext 1108 or book an appointment online.
Results and patient experience may vary.