Recipe and Procedure for Blistered Shishito Romesco Sauce
Yield 2 1/2 cups
Shishito Peppers, stemmed
Flat leaf parsley, leaves only
Sea salt and pepper
1. Blister the shishitos in a sauté pan over high heat, turning, until lightly charred, 2 minutes.
2. Transfer peppers to a food processor and let cool slightly. Add the parsley, almonds, bread crumbs, lemon zest and juice and pulse until coarsely minced. With the machine on, add the remaining 1/2 cup of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe and Procedure for Piquillo Chimichurri Sauce
Extra virgin olive oil
White wine vinegar
2 T (1 oz)
Italian Flat Leaf Parsley, stemmed
Piquillo peppers (jarred)
Garlic cloves, peeled, coarsely chopped
Shallot, peeled, stemmed
Lime juice, freshly squeezed
Crushed red pepper flakes
Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
Yield 2 1/4 cups
1. In a blender, place the oils with the vinegar, parsley, cilantro, garlic, shallot, lime juice and crushed red pepper. Puree coarsely until combined. Add piquillo peppers and pulse until coarse and combined. Season the chimichurri with salt and pepper and let stand for at least 20 minutes.
Recipe and Procedure for Pan Seared Sea Scallops
Sea Scallops, U-10, muscle removed, patted dry
Oregano, fresh, minced
Italian flat leaf parsley, minced
Yield 4 appetizer servings of two scallops each OR 8 First Course (Tapas) Single Scallop
1. Heat a large well-seasoned sauté pan over medium high heat. When hot, season dried scallops lightly with a little sea salt. Add the scallops, in a single layer, not crowding them in the pan. Sear on one side for 2 minutes without moving and scallop is golden brown; turn and sear for 2 minutes more. Carry over cooking will occur, so remove scallops from heat immediately.
2. To serve as a first course: Place 1 scallop on each small serving plate and dollop with choice of sauce. Serve immediately.
Executive Chef, Owner
Celebrated Cuisine, Inc.
Laura's Gourmet, LLC
Spirit of Enterprise 2013 Award Finalist