Galbi (Marinated Short Ribs)
2 Pounds Sliced Beef Short Ribs
2 cups Water
½ cup Soy Sauce
½ cup Sugar
¼ cup Corn Syrup
½ each Asian Pear - peeled, deseeded, cut into small pieces
½ oz. Pineapple - peeled, cut into small pieces
½ each Yellow Onion - peeled, cut into small pieces
½ Tbs. Minced Ginger
1 Tbs. Minced Garlic
¼ Tbs. Sesame Oil
1) Combine Water, Soy Sauce, Sugar, Corn Syrup in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
2) Prepare Asian pear, pineapple, yellow onion. Cut into small pieces and combine.
3) Add all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.
4) In a large bowl, place the beef short ribs inside and add the garlic and ginger and mix well.
5) Add the blended marinade over the short ribs and mix well.
6) Finish off by adding the sesame oil at the end.
7) Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium-hot. Drain excess marinade off beef. Grill short ribs, turning once, to desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions, if desired.
Serve whole pieces as a main course or cut into smaller pieces using kitchen shears.
2 each Black Tiger Shrimp - Shelled, deveined, cut into small pieces
2 each Green Mussel
1 each Calamari - Cleaned, deveined, cut into small pieces
1 each Crab Stick - cut into small pieces 1 each
Green Onion - chopped ¼ inch each
Yellow Onion - peeled, thin sliced
1 each Large egg 1 cup
Pancake Mix Flour
½ cup Water 1oz
1) In a medium sized bowl, combine black tiger shrimp, green mussel, calamari, crab stick, green onion, yellow onion. Season with salt and pepper.
2) Add egg and mix thoroughly
3) Add pancake mix flour then water to form a loose dough
4) In a medium nonstick skillet, heat 1 oz. soybean oil. Spoon batter into the skillet and gently spread them into 4- to 5-inch rounds; be sure to evenly distribute the seafood in the pancakes. Cook over moderately high heat until the pancakes are golden and crisp on the bottom, 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip and cook over moderate heat until the pancakes are golden and crisp and the batter is cooked through, about 3 minutes longer. Using a spatula, transfer the pancakes to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
5) Slice into 4 wedges and garnish with thinly sliced green onion.
6) Serve with a light ponzu sauce.