TEMPE, AZ — When the first phase of the Watermark development opens on the northeastern end of Tempe Town Lake in Tempe, people will be able to nosh on gourmet cookies, fresh-pressed juices, acai bowls, and ramen.
Slated to open in October, the first phase of the multi-use development is currently under construction near the Loop 202 and Scottsdale Road. When completed, the project will boast more than 300,000-square-feet of restaurant, retail, and office space, plus 360 luxury apartments, according to its website.
Last month, one of the structures caught fire sending plumes of smoke and flames into the air. Mike Loretz, project manager for Los Angeles-based Fenix Development Inc., the developer of the project, told our news partners at the Phoenix Business Journal at the time that the fire would have no impact on the project's construction timeline.
On Wednesday, Fenix Development, the developer, and Cushman & Wakefield, the real estate company handling the retail leasing for the development, both shared an updated list of which restaurants, concepts, and businesses would be part of the project.
Here is what we know about each.
- Crumbl Cookies: Based in Utah, Crumbl Cookies makes and delivers over-sized gourmet cookies. The flavors change weekly, but recent concoctions have included chocolate chip, peanut butter brownie, waffle, s'mores, Muddy Buddy, and circus animal. It will open a 1,353-square-foot store at Watermark. An opening date was not announced.
- DRNK Coffee + Tea & QWENCH Juice Bar: Based in Los Angeles, California, DRNK Coffee + Tea and QWENCH Juice Bar will open a 2,408-square-foot location at the Waterfront. As its name suggests, DRNK will have hot and cold coffee drinks, teas, espresso, and "S'Blendids," which is their version of a latte. It will also carry sandwiches, wraps, and salads. QWENCH will have fresh-pressed juices, wellness shots, shakes, acai bowls, and breakfast and lunch bowls and wraps. An opening date was not announced.
- Obon Sushi + Bar + Ramen: The Tucson-based Japanese restaurant will open its third location in the Valley at the Watermark. Its two other locations are in Scottsdale at the Scottsdale Quarter and The Grove. The menus feature different small plates, steamed buns, Ramen and noodle dishes, crudo, bowls, and sushi rolls. An opening date was not announced.
- Panini Kabob Grill: The Mediterranean-style restaurant will open its first location in Arizona at Watermark. It has several locations in California. The menu features six different Kabobs, hummus, grilled paninis and sandwiches, wraps, salads, and hummus. An opening date was not announced.
- V's Barbershop: A men's barbershop offering haircuts, shaves, facials, and shoe shines. An opening date was not announced. There are more than a dozen locations in the state.
- Sugar Me Wax: A full-service salon with sugaring, waxing, microblading, spray tanning, and skincare. They have eight locations in the Valley. An opening date was not announced.
- Dip Nail Bar: A full-service nail salon. Like the others, an opening date was not announced.