PHOENIX — Well, it is a soggy and cloudy start to Spring Training in Arizona.
So far -- as of 9:30 a.m. -- more than a half-inch of rain has fallen at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, which breaks the 107-year-old daily rainfall record of .46 inches set back on today's date in 1913.
Cactus League 2020: Everything you need to know about Spring Training in Arizona
As a result of the rainy conditions, some Spring Training games have been pushed back or canceled. Saturday's Cactus League games include the Athletics at Cubs, Angels at White Sox, Brewers at Rangers, Diamondbacks at Rockies, Mariners at Padres, Royals at Angels, Dodgers at Giants and Reds at Indians.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies have canceled their game at Salt River Fields. Fans with tickets have been asked to contact Salt River Fields for refunds. View rainout policy.
- The Milwaukee Brewers and Texas Rangers have canceled their game at Surprise Stadium.
- The Chicago White Sox and Los Angeles Angels have canceled their game at Camelback Ranch. View the stadium's rainout policy.
- The Los Angeles Angels have rescheduled their game against Kansas City Royals at Tempe Diablo Stadium, the team said in a tweet. The new date is Friday, March 6.
- The matchup between the Cleveland Indians and Cincinnati Reds at Goodyear Ballpark has been canceled. View rainout policy.
- The Seattle Mariners game against the San Diego Padres at Peoria Sports Complex has also been canceled.
DELAYED, BUT STILL ON...FOR NOW
- The San Francisco Giants and Los Angeles Dodgers have delayed their game at Scottsdale Stadium to 3:15 p.m. Gates to the stadium will open at 1:45 p.m., the team announced in a tweet.
- The Chicago Cubs match-up against the Oakland Athletics has been pushed back to 6:10 p.m. at Sloan Park. The Cubs announced the schedule change on Thursday, ahead of the expected weather.