How many of the Valley's museums have you visited?
You'll have a chance to visit fifteen of them for free on Saturday, Sept. 22, part of Smithsonian Magazines' annual Museum Day.
All you have to do is decide which museum to visit, submit your email address and download an official "museum day" ticket for that museum. Each ticket provides free admission for two people.
Special exhibits and IMAX movies may not be included.
A total of 41 museums in Arizona are participating, according to the Museum Day website.
Here is a listing of the museums in the Valley you can visit:
- AZ Heritage Center at Papago Park, 1300 N College Ave. Tempe, AZ 85281
- Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum, 2017 N. Greenfield Road., Mesa, AZ 85215
- Arizona Museum of Natural History, 53 N. Macdonald Mesa, AZ 85201
- Deer Valley Petroglyph Preserve, 3711 W. Deer Valley Road, Phoenix, AZ 85308
- Desert Botanical Garden, 1201 N. Galvin Parkway, Phoenix AZ 85008
- Halle Heart Children’s Museum, 2929 S. 48th Street, Tempe, AZ 85282
- i.d.e.a. Museum, 150 W. Pepper Place Mesa, AZ 85201
- Pueblo Grande Museum, 4619 E Washington St. Phoenix, AZ 85034
- River of Time Museum, 12901 N La Montana Fountain Hills, AZ 85268
- Rosson House Museum at Heritage Square, 6th Street and Monroe in downtown Phoenix
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, 7374 East Second Street, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- Schemer Art Museum and Museum, 5005 E Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85018
- Superstition Mountain Lost Dutchman Museum, 4087 N. Apache Trail, Highway 88, Apache Junction, Arizona 85119
- Tempe History Museum, 809 E. Southern Ave. Tempe, Arizona 85282
- Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West, 3830 N. Marshall Way
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Editor's note: The Cave Creek Museum was listed on the official "Museum Day" website, but, according to the museum's website, it is closed for the summer and reopens Oct. 3.