Thousands of Girl Scouts stationed outside grocery stores, office break rooms, and neighborhoods in Arizona will have a new box of cookies within their arsenals of sweet and tasty treats this season.
Called "Lemon-Ups," they are described as crispy lemon-flavored cookies with lemon icing and inspirational messages on them, such as "I am bold," I am strong," "I am gutsy," I am creative," "I am an innovator," and "I am a risk-taker."
They replace the "Savannah Smiles" cookies, which were lemon flavored and dusted with powdered sugar.
The cost is $5 a box, the same cost as Thin Mints, Tagalongs, Samoas, Trefoils, Do-si-dos. Girl Scout S'mores cookies and Toffee-tastic cookies, which were introduced last year, are $6 a box. Find a local cookie booth.
The Girl Scouts Arizona Pine-Cactus Council, which operates in central and northern Arizona, will conduct cookie sales, Jan. 20 - Mar. 1, 2020. The Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona, which operates in Tucson, conducts their cookie sales, Jan. 18 - Mar. 1, 2020.
Not that you asked -- nor wanted to know -- but the serving size for Lemon-Ups are 2 cookies, which have 140 calories, according to the manufacture's website.
Here are the serving sizes for the rest of the cookie lineup (sorry!):
- Thin Mints - Four cookies per serving, 160 calories
- Samoas - Two cookies per serving, 150 calories
- Tagalongs - Two cookies per serving, 140 calories
- Do-si-dos - Three cookies per serving, 160 calories
- Trefoils - Five cookies per serving, 160 calories
- Girl Scout S'mores - Two cookies per serving, 150 calories
- Toffee-tastic - Two cookies per serving, 150 calories
Last year, 2.8 million packages of cookies were sold by the Girl Scouts Arizona Pine-Cactus Council, according to a news release.