You can get a pizza from Hungry Howie's for less than two quarters. Or nine nickles. Or five dimes. Or 45 pennies.
Hungry Howie's, the Michigan-based pizza chain known for its flavored crust, is running a promotion for 45-cent pizzas to celebrate its 45th anniversary.
Here is the fine print:
- You have to purchase one pizza at regular price to get a second one-topping pizza for $0.45.
- It is available for carry-out only. The promo code is "45YEARS" or "45BDAY".
- The promotion runs Sept. 10-16.
- It is not available in Florida.
- There may be additional charges for deep-dish or stuffed crust pizza.
The first Hungry Howie's location opened in Taylor, Michigan, a suburb of metro Detroit, in 1973, according to its website. They began franchising in 1983 and opened their 500th franchise location in 2005.
They have seven crust flavors: butter, Cajun, butter cheese, sesame, garlic herb, Ranch and onion, the website states.
There are more than a dozen locations around the Valley. Find one near you.