SCOTTSDALE, AZ — We'll try to be frank with this story.
Dog Haus, a California-based gourmet hot dog eatery, recently opened its first of three locations in the Valley at the Scottsdale Quarter, 15257 N. Scottsdale Road, in Scottsdale.
We'll get to the other locations in a bit.
On Saturday, April 27, the Scottsdale location is celebrating its grand opening, called "Free Haus Dog Day," with a free hot dog from 11 a.m. - 11 p.m. People who download the restaurant's app will be able to order one of their seven signature hot dogs.
How to get a free hot dog:
- Download the Dog Haus app to your mobile phone
- Create an account
- When you get to the store, scan to check-in
- Promotion is only available on April 27
ABOUT THE HOT DOGS
Instead of using a traditional hot dog bun, Dog Haus serves its all-beef hot dogs inside King's Hawaiian rolls.
Here are some of the signature hot dogs, as described on the website.
- Soo Cali: wild arugula, avocado, tomato, crispy fried onions, spicy basil aioli
- Chili Idol: haus chili, cheddar cheese sauce, onions
- Chili the kid: white American cheese, haus chili, crispy onions, chipotle aioli
- Old Town: smoked bacon-wrapped dog, caramelized onions, chipotle aioli, pickled jalapeños, cotija cheese
- Cowboy: smoked bacon-wrapped dog, cheddar cheese sauce, bbq sauce, crispy onions
- Pineapple Express: bacon-wrapped dog, bouillonnaise, sweet ginger glaze, pineapple, scallions, pickled jalapeños, crispy onions
- Downtown: smoked bacon-wrapped dog, caramelized onions, pickled peppers, mayo, mustard, ketchup
MORE THAN HOT DOGS
Whether you like hot dogs or not, or are simply craving something different, hot dogs are not the only thing on Dog Haus's menu. They also have eight sausages, seven burgers, and the "Bad Mutha Clucka" chicken, sandwich, which is served fried or grilled.
Like the hot dogs, all are served on King's Hawaiian rolls.
They also have four plant-based options: Impossible burger, Impossible slider, Beyond Brat, and "Sooo Veggie" brat.
To wash it down, the 1,700-square-foot restaurant will have eight beers on tap.
MORE DOG HAUS ON THE WAY
Dog Haus has two more locations under construction in the Valley. One will open at CityScape in downtown Phoenix. Another will open at SanTan Village in Gilbert. Both are expected to open in the fall, according to the brand's public relations firm.
The first Arizona Dog Haus opened in Yuma.