Whether it was meant as a joke or not, Arizona's Lake Havasu City received a big shout out at the 90th Academy Awards.
At the start of the show, Jimmy Kimmel made a wager with the winners over their acceptance speeches: the shortest speech goes home with a jet ski.
Later in the show, Kimmel said, "we're sweetening the pot" with -- you guessed it -- a trip to Lake Havasu. On the screen followed a montage of clips of what was presumably Lake Havasu.
— ABC15 Arizona (@abc15) March 5, 2018
If you haven't been to Lake Havasu or Lake Havasu City before, here are some quick facts:
- Lake Havasu City is 196 miles northwest of Phoenix, or just over a three-hour drive.
- It is home to the Old London Bridge. The city's founder Robert P. McCulloch bought it for $2.46 million in 1968, according to the Lake Havasu City Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- It has 400 miles of coastline and 60 miles of navigable waterways, the website states.
- If you're looking for a brewery, it has four within Lake Havasu City.
- It has four beaches, according to the website, and places for swimming, fishing, water sports and hiking.
- It's also been featured in at least 17 movies, TV shows and reality shows.
- More than 750,000 people visit Lake Havasu each year, according to the CVB.
Thanks for the shout-out Jimmy!