PHOENIX — Could the next American Idol be in Arizona and join the ranks of Jordin Sparks and Wade Cota?
The singing TV competition is once again hosting auditions for its upcoming season, but because of the COVID-19 pandemic and social distancing guidelines, all auditions are being held virtually. That also allows for the show's producers to hold auditions in every state versus in certain cities and states, as the show has done in the past.
"They're auditioning on the spot in real-time, getting advice and feedback from an actual producer. It's really cool, said Melissa Elfar, who is a producer for the show.
To sign up and view your state's designated audition date, visit https://abc.com/shows/american-idol/auditions. Arizona's auditions are technically scheduled for Friday, Aug. 14, but Elfar said people can sign up for another state's date or an open casting call.
Singers have to be between the ages of 15 – 28. View more eligibility rules, here.
Here is a list of upcoming audition dates:
- Arizona, Oregon and Washington (Aug. 14)
- Georgia, Maryland, Washington D.C. and Rhode Island (Aug 16)
- Open Call Auditions (Aug 17)
- Alabama, Arkansas and Kansas (Aug 18)
- Idaho, New Mexico and Utah (Aug. 20)
- Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Texas (Aug 22)
- Michigan, Tennessee and Virginia (Aug 24)
- Open Call Auditions (Aug 25)
- Iowa, Mississippi and Oklahoma (Aug 26)
- Illinois, Indiana and Minnesota (Aug 28)
- Connecticut, New Jersey and New York (Aug 30)
- Colorado, Montana, Nevada and Wyoming (Sep 1)
- Maine, South Carolina and West Virginia (Sep 3)
- Alaska, California and Hawaii (Sep 5)
- Kentucky, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania (Sep 7)
- Massachusetts, North Carolina and Vermont (Sep 9)