Weekend construction projects will close parts of Interstate 17, Loop 303 and restrict other ramps and lanes across other freeways, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Check out ADOT's Weekend Freeway Travel Advisory:
- Southbound Interstate 17 closed overnight at Pinnacle Peak Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday (Jan. 25) for bridge construction. Expect heavy traffic and allow extra travel time. DETOUR: Southbound I-17 traffic can detour along the off- and on-ramps at Pinnacle Peak Road. Consider exiting southbound I-17 to eastbound Jomax Road and using southbound 19th Avenue to westbound Deer Valley Road to reach I-17. Note: Pinnacle Peak Road also closed in both directions at I-17. Northbound I-17 narrowed to two lanes overnight near Loop 101/Rose Garden Lane from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 2 a.m. Saturday (Jan. 25) for construction.
- Northbound I-17 closed at Pinnacle Peak Road from 10 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Jan. 26) for bridge construction. Expect heavy traffic and allow extra travel time. DETOUR: Northbound I-17 traffic will detour along the off- and on-ramps at Pinnacle Peak Road. Consider exiting northbound I-17 ahead of the closure and using northbound 19th Avenue to westbound Happy Valley or Jomax roads to reach I-17. Note: Pinnacle Peak Road also closed in both directions at I-17.
- Northbound Loop 303 closed between Bell Road and Grand Avenue (US 60) from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday (Jan. 25) for installation of traffic-flow sensors as part of freeway technology project. Allow extra travel time. DETOUR: Northbound Loop 303 traffic can exit to eastbound Bell Road and use northbound Reems Road to westbound Grand Avenue to reach northbound Loop 303.
- Southbound Loop 303 closed between Grand Avenue (US 60) and Bell Road from 10 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday (Jan. 26) for installation of traffic-flow sensors as part of freeway technology project. Allow extra travel time. DETOUR: Southbound Loop 303 traffic can exit to eastbound Grand Avenue and use westbound Bell Road to reach southbound Loop 303.
- North- and southbound Loop 101 ramps to westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) in Tempe closed overnight from 9 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Sunday (Jan. 26) for Salt River Project overhead utility line work. Intermittent closures of Loop 202 (both directions) near McClintock Drive also scheduled overnight. DPS troopers will hold Loop 202 traffic as needed. Allow extra travel time. The westbound Loop 202 on-ramp at McClintock Drive also will be closed. DETOUR: Consider alternate routes while Loop 101 ramps are closed. Drivers can use Loop 101 ramps to eastbound Loop 202 and turn at the Dobson Road interchange to then enter westbound Loop 202.
- Eastbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) on-ramp at 56th Street and eastbound off-ramp at 64th Street closed for 60 days starting at 9 p.m. Sunday (Jan. 26) for reconstruction during widening project. DETOUR: Plan on using other ramps in area, including eastbound on-ramps at Tatum Boulevard or 64th Street and eastbound off-ramps at Tatum Boulevard, 56th Street or Scottsdale Road.
- Eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) narrowed to two lanes overnight in areas between Loop 101 (Price Freeway) and Crismon Road from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights (Jan. 26-30) for pavement improvement work (crack sealing). Work will take place in approximately 3-mile segments. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and consider alternate routes.
- Interstate 17 on- and off-ramps (northbound and southbound) at Seventh Avenue south of downtown Phoenix closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Jan. 27) for Metro light rail project. I-17 frontage roads also restricted near Seventh Avenue. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes, including 19th Avenue, Seventh Street or 16th Street.
Have a save and wonderful weekend!