It's a busy weekend as far as traffic restrictions go across the Valley!
Improvement projects will narrow lanes and shut down a stretch of Interstate 10, and will also impact Loop 101 and other surface streets connecting you to the Valley freeways, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
- Eastbound Interstate 10 closed between 67th and 35th avenues in west Phoenix from 9 p.m. Friday to 4 a.m. Monday (Oct. 28) for work on the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange. Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 91st, 83rd, 79th and 75th avenues also closed. Expect heavy traffic and delays. DETOUR: Alternate routes include northbound and eastbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) in the West Valley. Eastbound I-10 drivers also should consider exiting ahead of the closure and using local detour routes, including eastbound Van Buren Street or McDowell Road. Note: Eastbound I-10 drivers west of the Buckeye area with no plans to stop in Phoenix can avoid the closure by detouring on southbound State Route 85 to eastbound I-8 to reach eastbound I-10 in Casa Grande.
- Interstate 10 narrowed to two or three lanes in either direction overnight in areas between Washington Street (near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport) and the I-17 “Stack” interchange from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Friday and Saturday nights (Oct. 25-26) for overhead sign work. Westbound I-10 ramps to north- and southbound I-17 at the Stack and the eastbound I-10 ramps to northbound SR 51 and eastbound Loop 202 at the Mini-Stack closed overnight from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (Oct. 26). DETOUR: Consider alternate routes while the I-10 ramps to I-17, SR 51 or Loop 202 listed above are closed.
- Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to three lanes between 35th and 43rd avenues in west Phoenix from 11 p.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 26) for construction. DETOUR: Please use caution and be prepared to slow down and merge safely in work zones. Note: The westbound I-10 HOV off-ramp at 79th Avenue will be closed from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m. Saturday (Oct. 26).
- Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) narrowed to two lanes in both directions between Seventh Street and Cave Creek Road in north Phoenix from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 28) for widening project. Local street closures: 16th, 32nd and 56th streets will be closed in both directions at Loop 101 from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Oct. 28). DETOUR: Consider alternate routes, including Tatum Boulevard, Cave Creek Road or Seventh Street while these street closures are in place.
- Eastbound Chandler Boulevard closed overnight at Loop 101 (Price Freeway) from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (Oct. 26) and from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Saturday through Monday nights (Oct. 26-28) for freeway widening project. DETOUR: Alternate routes include eastbound Ray Road.
Have a safe and wonderful weekend!