How do you beat a season spotlighted by Hamilton? And can you?
On Monday night, ASU Gammage gave it its best shot and announced the ten shows that will be part of its 2018-2019 season.
They include "Dear Evan Hansen," the 2017 Tony Award winner of "Best Musical," Disney's Aladdin, and the 2017 Tony Award winner for "Best Revival," Hello, Dolly!
Season subscriptions start at $190 (balcony level) and go on sale, May 7. Season subscriptions include the seven shows below:
- Dear Evan Hansen - Nov. 27 - Dec. 2, 2018
- Waitress - Oct. 2-7, 2019
- On Your Feet! - Nov. 6-11, 2018
- Hello Dolly! - Jan. 8-13, 2019
- Disney Aladdin - Jan. 31-Feb. 17, 2019
- The Play That Goes Wrong - March 19-24, 2019
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - June 11-16, 2019
ASU Gammage also revealed three shows that are not necessarily part of its season subscription but can be added on. Based on their name recognition alone, they are sure to be popular.
- Wicked - April 3 - May 5, 2019
- Rent - May 28 - June 2, 2019
- The Book of Mormon - August 6-11, 2019
The remaining shows of ASU Gammage's 2017-2018 season include The King and I (May 20-25), The Color Purple (April 17-22) and Les Miserables (May 15-20), The Humans (May 29-June 3), and School of Rock (June 19-24).