PHOENIX - Dignity Health and Health Net have failed to reach an agreement for Arizona contracts.
According to Dignity Health, they failed to reach an agreement with Health Net on contracts serving commercial HMO, commercial PPO, and Medicare Advantage and AHCCCS products
Dignity Health contracts with Health Net will expire at 11:59 p.m. on Friday.
The following statement was released by Dignity Health on Friday morning: “Dignity Health recognizes the impact this may have on some of its patients, physicians and hospitals, as well as employers in the communities served by its hospitals. Patients with Health Net coverage should contact Health Net for information regarding options for their future care. Dignity Health is committed to facilitating the smooth transition for all affected."
As of 11:59 p.m. on May 19, 2017, the following Dignity Health providers will no longer have a contract with Health Net of Arizona:
· St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center
· Chandler Regional Medical Center
· Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
· St. Joseph's Westgate Medical Center
· Dignity Health Medical Group
· Arizona Orthopedic and Surgical Specialty Hospital
· Southwest Orthopedic and Spine Hospital (OASIS)
· Arizona Spine and Joint Hospital
· Arizona General Hospital in Laveen and the Arizona General free standing emergency departments
· Dignity Health Urgent Care Centers in Ahwatukee, Gilbert, Queen Creek and Maricopa.
· SimonMed/SMI Imaging, LLC
· One Medical Group
Health Net Arizona released the following statement Friday afternoon:
Despite good faith efforts on the part of both sides, an agreement between Health Net of Arizona and Dignity Health could not be reached. Impacted Health Net members and providers will receive a notice informing them of the change. Members will receive the support they need to ensure continuity of care.