Corned Beef & Cabbage
· 5-pound Corned Beef Brisket
· 2 teaspoons kosher salt (or to taste)
· 1/2 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
· 2 pounds whole white potatoes (cut or whole)
· 1 Head of Green Cabbage per 4 people served (1/4 cabbage per person)
· Loaf of Jewish Rye Bread or Marble Rye & Butter
1. Place the corned beef, 1 teaspoon of the salt, pepper, into a large pot with three quarts of cold water.
2. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn down the heat to low and simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
3. Add the remaining salt if needed and the potatoes. Simmer covered for 30 minutes.
4. Add the cabbage wedges and cook for another 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
5. Remove from the pot and let rest for 10 minutes, loosely covered with aluminum foil.
6. Slice the corned beef against the grain and serve in a bowl topped with cabbage, vegetables of your choice if you'd like, and some of the cooking liquid. Accompany with Jewish Rye bread, butter and deli mustard on the side.
One Of Miracle Mile' Best Selling Sandwiches!
1/3 lb. - ½ lb. of Miracle Mile's Famous Corned Beef
¼ lb. Hot Sauerkraut
2 slices of Imported Swiss cheese
1 - Roll of choice or 2 slices of fresh Rye Bread (Grilled)
2oz - Russian Dressing or 1000 Island
Pile Corned Beef high on bottom of layer of bread choice. Heat sauerkraut on flat top grill or in saucepan on medium heat. Once kraut is hot, layer Swiss cheese on top of kraut until melted. Once kraut is hot and cheese is melted, pile kraut and cheese on top of hot corned beef and shmear from Russian dressing/1000 Island on top portion of bread & cover sandwich with the top portion of roll/bread…. Enjoy!
"Irish Flag Salad" w/ Sliced Corned Beef
· ¼ lb. of Miracle Mile's Hot & Famous Corned Beef
· 3 cups of Chopped Romaine Hearts
· 3oz. of Chopped Walnuts
· 3oz. - 4oz. of Feta Cheese (The White Part of The Flag)
. 2oz. of Red Cabbage
· 4oz. of Shredded Carrots (The Orange Part of the Flag)
· ½ of an Avocado sliced or chopped
· 4oz of Greek Vinaigrette Dressing (served on the side)
Using the chopped romaine & red cabbage as your base for the salad, slice the avocado and place the avocado on the right side of the bowl. The bigger the slices, the more room and nicer visual you will have for this salad (This will be the Green part of the "flag"). The middle portion of the bowl will be filled with Feta cheese (The Feta will be the white part of the "flag"). Place the shredded carrots on the left side of the bowl (The carrots will represent the left side of the "flag"). Chopped walnuts can be used for crunch and placed around the bowl on the top or the bottom of the bowl if you'd like.
Of course no St. Paddy's Day celebration is complete without a little Corned Beef, so place the hot Corned Beef in the center of your newly created "flag" and enjoy with the Greek Vinaigrette dressing on the side.
Miracle Mile Deli
4433 N. 16th Street, Phoenix, AZ