Recipe and Procedure for Peanut Butter Stuffed French Toast with Laura's Gourmet Granola
Yield 2 servings, 2 "wedges" per serving
Creamy peanut butter 4 Tablespoons
Brioche or Challah, sliced 1/2 " thick 8 each slices
Egg, beaten 2 large
Coconut Milk, such as So Delicious 2 oz
Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
Laura's Gourmet Granola, Honey Roasted Peanut Crunch, lightly crushed 1 cup
Unsalted butter For cooking
Confectioner's sugar As needed
Strawberries, sliced Pint
1. If making ahead, preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
2. Prepare French toast: Spread 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter on each of 4 slices of brioche and cover with the remaining slices, pressing gently on edges to bind bread together.
3. In a wide shallow bowl, beat the eggs with the coconut milk and vanilla. In a separate wide shallow bowl, place the crushed granola.
4. Lightly soak the sandwiches in the egg mixture, then dredge in the granola, pressing to help it adhere. Transfer to the sheet tray.
5. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large pan over medium high heat Add the stuffed bread and cook until golden and crisp on the first side, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the half-cooked bread to the baking sheet and add another tablespoon of the butter to the pan. Return the bread to the pan to cook the other side, about 2 more minutes.
6. Return to the sheet tray and hold warm in the oven if not serving immediately. Alternatively, plate the French toast to plates and dust with confectioners' sugar. Top with the berries and drizzle with maple syrup.
NOTE: Can also use almond butter with almond milk and Vanilla Almond or Sinful Cinnamon Crunch or cashew butter with coconut milk and LocoCocoNut Crunch or any other combination of Laura's Gourmet Granola.
Recipe and Procedure for Laura's Gourmet CherryRific Crunch Salad with Asia Pear, Cotija and Avocado Oil Vinaigrette
Yield 4 servings as a side salad
Baby greens 6 oz
Asian Pear, small dice 1/2 of one
Cotija Cheese, crumbled 1/4 cup
Cucumber, peeled, small dice1 small
Avocado, medium dice1 medium
Red Onion, thinly sliced 1/4 cup
Laura's Gourmet Granola, CherryRific Crunch 1/4 cup
White balsamic vinegar 1 oz
Shallot, peeled, minced 2 teaspoons
Dijon mustard 1 t
Aleppo pepper Pinch
Kosher salt Pinch
Avocado Oil 2 oz
1. Prepare vinaigrette: Place vinegar, shallot, Dijon and spices in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Add oil in a slow steady stream while whisking constantly until an emulsion forms. Adjust seasonings to taste, set aside. May be stored, refrigerated and covered, up to one week.
2. In a large bowl, combine baby greens, Asian pear, cotija, cucumber, avocado and red onion. Toss gently with enough vinaigrette to gently coat greens. Top with CherryRific Crunch and serve on chilled salad plates.
Note: Add a chilled protein such as grilled salmon or sliced steak to create an entrée salad.
Recipe and Procedure for Laura's Gourmet Granola Overnight
Yield 1 serving
Laura's Gourmet Granola, Blueberry Bliss Crunch 1/2 cup (2.45 oz)
Unsweetened Almond Milk, Vanilla Flavor 3 oz
Assorted Berries, bananas, sliced
Laura's Gourmet Granola, Blueberry Bliss Crunch For additional crunch
1. Place granola in a small bowl. Add almond milk and stir gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
2. When ready to enjoy, top with assorted berries and sliced bananas. Add additional granola for a little crunch.
Note: for a warm breakfast, heat gently in microwave for 30 seconds prior to topping with fresh fruit. In addition to fruit, add chia, flax or other desired toppings.
Any flavor of Laura's Gourmet Granola may be substituted - in addition, switch out the almond milk for Coconut Milk, Oat Milk or your preferred dairy substitute.
Laura's Gourmet Granola
1032 W. 23 rd St., Tempe, AZ