CVS Health and ABC15 have joined forces for the second year of Community Heroes, a program that provides over $30,000 in grants and gift cards to local schools and nonprofits in Arizona with children's health and wellness programming.
The following ten organizations have been chosen to each receive a $2,500 Community Heroes grant and $250 CVS Pharmacy gift card. And, thanks to your votes, Arizona Sustainability Alliance has been selected to receive the $5,000 bonus grant! Congratulations to all of the grantees.
· One-N-Ten (
· Arizona Chapter of American Academy of Pediatrics (
· Arizona Sustainability Alliance ( www.azsustainabilityalliance.com ) - Pioneering cutting-edge solutions for sustainability issues throughout the state and prioritizing low-income communities
· Circle Cross Ranch K-8 STEM Academy (
· Down Syndrome Network, Inc. ( www.dsnetworkaz.org ) - Educating, supporting, and advocating for those in the community impacted by Down syndrome
· Esperanca (
· Fountain Hills Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition ( www.fhcoalition.org ) - Collaborating with the community to reduce youth substance abuse
· Friendly House, Inc. ( www.friendlyhouse.org ) - Empowering Arizona communities through education and human services
· HopeKids, Inc. ( www.hopekids.org ) - Providing a powerful, unique support community for families who have a child with cancer or other life--threatening medical condition
· Tucson Unified School District ( www.tusd1.org ) - Where students love to learn, teachers love to teach, and people love to work