Shrimp & Grits
8 Cup White Cheddar Grits (prepared)
16 pc Jumbo Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
3 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbs Rosemary Leaves, chopped
1 Jalapeno (small), sliced
1 Tbs Garlic, minced
1 Tbs Lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper to taste
4 Tbs Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
4 Tbs Cilantro, chopped
1. Prepare fresh grits or reheat day old grits.
2. In a bowl, combine the shrimp, olive oil, Worcestershire, rosemary, jalapeno, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. This can be done the day before.
3. Saute the shrimp in a large skillet over medium high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Turn off the heat and toss in the butter.
4. Place 2 cups of grits in a bowl then place 4 shrimp and some of the sauce on top of the grits.
5. Garnish with cilantro.
1 lb Deep Sea Red Crab Meat
1 cup Panko Crumbs
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
1/2 ts Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 ts Worcestershire
1/2 ts Tabasco
2 tbs Clarified Butter
4 tbs Remoulade
5 oz Mixed Greens
5 tbs Red Wine Vinaigrette
1. Squeeze all of the excess water out of the crab meat, then place in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the panko crumbs, mayonnaise, old bay, Worcestershire, and tabasco. Mix well using your hands.
3. If the mix is still slightly spongy, then add a little more mayonnaise and panko crumbs.
4. Use a ring mold to make 5 - 4 oz cakes.
5. Heat up the clarified butter in an oven proof skillet. When hot, add the crab cakes. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
6. Toss the mixed greens with the vinaigrette.
7. To plate, place some of the salad mix on a plate, followed by the crab cake. Garnish with the remoulade.
1 cup Sour Cream
1/4 cup Heavy Cream
1 tbs Dill, Minced
1/4 ts Salt, Kosher
1 ts Lemon Juice
1. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together thoroughly.
Smoked Salmon Focaccia
8 oz Smoked Salmon
4 pc Focaccia Bread
2/3 Cup Whipped Butter
2/3 Cup Dill Cream
4 Tbs Capers
4 Tbs Red Onion, Minced
4 oz Mixed Greens
4 Tbs Red Wine Vinaigrette
1 sprig Dill, Fresh
1. Split the Focaccia then brush with the whipped butter.
2. Toast the Focaccia until just crispy.
3. Liberally spread each piece of toasted bread with the dill cream followed by the Smoked Salmon.
4. Simply toss the mixed greens with the vinaigrette.
5. Place the Smoked Salmon Focaccia on a plate with the salad.
6. Garnish plate with the capers and diced red onions. Then garnish the Smoked Salmon with the Dill sprig.