Surprise FD: Toddler hurt when dresser falls on him

SURPRISE, AZ - A toddler was air-lifted to a Valley hospital after a dresser fell on him Sunday, according to authorities.

Surprise Fire Department spokesman Autry Cheatham said the 3-year-old boy was pulling the drawer of a tall, thin dresser when the whole thing fell on him.

Cheatham said the dresser was not anchored to the wall.

The accident happened at a home near Perryville and Greenway roads in Surprise.

The boy was flown by medical helicopter to Phoenix Children’s Hospital with a broken leg, Cheatham said.

Print this article Back to Top

Your Region News
West Valley Phoenix Metro Southeast Valley Northeast Valley Northern Arizona Central/Southern AZ