PHOENIX - As overall profitability increases for the National Football League some teams are faring better than others.
According to Forbes Magazine , the NFL's 32 teams are worth an average $1.17 billion, 5 percent more than last year.
That compares to Major League Baseball's 30 teams which come in at $744 million.
The only team in the NFL to post an operating loss last year was the Detroit Lions, the fourth season the team has lost money.
Even the mediocre Cleveland Browns sold for almost $1 billion last year.
So which team leads the profitability pack? It may be no surprise that it's the Dallas Cowboys, valued at $2.3 billion, according to Forbes.
Where does that leave the Arizona Cardinals?
Well at position 24. The team value is reported to be $961 million with a 2012 revenue of $253 million.
Top 25 list of most valuable NFL teams:
1. Dallas Cowboys - $2.3 billion
2. New England Patriots - $1.8 billion
3. Washington Red Skins - $1.7 billion
4. New York Giants - $1.55 billion
5. Houston Texans - $1.45 billion
6. New York Jets - $1.38 billion
7. Philadelphia Eagles - $1.314 billion
8. Chicago Bears - $1,252 billion
9. Baltimore Ravens - $1.227 billion
10. San Francisco 49ers - $1.224 billion
15. Seattle Seahawks - $1.081 billion
20. Kansas City Chiefs – $1.009 billion
24. Arizona Cardinals - $961 million
25. San Diego Charges - $949 million