PHOENIX - After losing on Friday night in San Francisco, the Arizona Diamondbacks are now three and seven against the Giants this season. Not good, no matter how you look at it!
The good news is, the D-backs have won four of the last six games. The bad news is, the team is just 3 and 11 in its last 14 road games. NOT GOOD!
Want more good news? Wade Miley gets the start at AT&T Park tonight and the 26 year old left hander is 2-0 in his last three starts. He's also looking to win three consecutive starts for the first time since May of 2012!
Other interesting facts about the D-backs:
- 58 games this season have been decided by two runs or less
- The D-backs are 1 for 17 with runners in scoring position in the team's last four games
- Wade Miley is 2-0 with a 1.66 ERA in his last three starts
- The D-backs' streak of 79 games with an extra base hit ended last night in San Francisco
- Paul Goldschmidt has more home runs and RBI at AT&T Park since 2011 that any other player in the NL West.
- Will Harris is 2-0 with a 0.87 ERA and 25 strike outs in his last 24 relief appearances
- The D-backs lead the Majors with 21 wins in their last at-bat, ahead of the Royals (16), Braves (14) and Reds (14).
- Arizona ranks second in the National League with 27 comeback wins.
- The D-backs lead the Majors with 21 one-run wins, ahead of the A's (19), Indians (19), Padres (17) and Pirates (17).
At this point in the season, the D-backs have a one and a half game lead over the Dodgers, and that's still better than a one and a half deficit. I'll take first place any day!