TEMPE, AZ - It's homecoming for the Arizona State Sun Devils as they host the No. 20 Washington Huskies at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe on Saturday at 3:07 p.m. in a game that marks the midway point of the season for the Sun Devils.
The all-time series between ASU and UW is even with 15 wins each. However, ASU has won the last seven games against the Huskies which marks a tie for the fourth-longest active winning streak among all Pac-12 opponents (behind Oregon-UW (10), ASU-Utah (9) and Oregon-ASU (8). Washington comes in ranked 20 nationally in the AP Poll and 25th in the Coaches Poll after back-to-back tough losses to North Division frontrunners Stanford (31-28) and Oregon (45-24)).
As for the Sun Devils weapons? Jaelen Strong is off to one of the best starts for a receiver in the school's history. He has 678 yards, averaging 113 yards per game with 42 receptions in his first six games in a Sun Devils uniform. Of those 42 receptions, 28 of them have resulted in a first down.
Taylor Kelly has thrown 24 touchdown in his last nine games (dating back to last season) with six interceptions. He's completed 190-of-295 passes (.644) for 2,670 yards and has a quarterback rating of 163.2 in that span.
The Sun Devils have improved at scoring after creating turnovers. ASU has a turnover advantage of +7 this season and have eight touchdowns off 15 opponent turnovers. ASU is also outscoring its opponents 62-28 on points off turnovers.
Washington is the Pac-12's top ranked secondary, allowing 182.2 yards per game against opponents this season. However, ASU comes in with the nation's ninth-ranked passing attack at 342.2 yards per game.
ASU will face another rushing attack against Washington, led by Bishop Sankey as the Huskies rank 15 nationally at 248 yards per game while ASU has struggled in that category giving up 168.9 rushing yards per game.
Here's a look at what's trending on Twitter:
1. Marion Grice leads the nation in scoring (15.0 ppg) rushing TDs (10). Has 15 TDs this season. #LookGriceBeforeCrossing
2. @FootballASU has won seven straight against @UW_Football, tied for fourth-longest active win streak among @pac12 opponents.
3. @FootballASU is forcing opponents into an average of 6.0 #ThreeAndOut drives per game, currently top-10 nationally.
4. ASU is averaging a starting field position of its own 37.9 vs. opponent 23.5 in 13 @CoachGrahamASU victories. OPP 34.8-ASU 28.7 in losses.
5. @FootballASU 3 scoring drives between 80-89 yards against CU. Had 4 all last season. Only six 80+ yard drives all year in 2012. 6 this year.
6. @JaelenStrong has 20 explosive receiving plays this season (16+ yards). ASU's 2013 leader in category had 18 all season.
7. @FootballASU has now outscored opponents 68-28 in points off turnovers this year.
8. Jaelen #TheForce Strong is 8th in nation w/ 678 receiving yards, 12th in nation w/ 113 receiving yds p/game, 17th in nation w/ 7 rec p/game
9. Since taking over as @FootballASU head coach, ASU has just 76 penalties in 19 games (4 per tilt) under @CoachGrahamASU
ASU kicked off their season with a win over Sacramento State 55-0 at Sun Devil Stadium, followed by a win over No. 20 Wisconsin 32-30. After a loss to Stanford, ASU beat USC 62-41 before wrapping up their non-conference play for the season with a loss to Notre Dame, 37-34. ASU improved their Pac-12 record to 2-1 with a 54-13 win over Colorado.