PHOENIX - With the College Football Bowl's preparing to hand out invitations on Sunday, I thought it would be fun to do a prediction.
Let's take a look at what we know:
- The Pac-12 has seven (7) Bowl games that could come calling: The Rose Bowl, the Gildan New Mexico Bowl, the MAACO Las Vegas Bowl, the Bridgepoint Education Holiday Bowl, The Valero Alamo Bowl, the Hyundai Sun Bowl and the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.
- The Pac-12 doesn't have enough Bowl eligible teams to fill those seven slots, especially if Stanford makes it into a BCS Bowl.
- Given the fact that Oregon will beat UCLA Friday night in the first ever Pac-12 Championship game, the Ducks will play Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl on January 2, 2012.
- The Stanford Cardinal (now sitting at number 4 in this week's BCS standings) will head to another BCS bowl, in all likelihood, the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl.
- That leaves Washington (7-5), California (7-5) and Utah (7-5) as the only other teams in the Pac-12 to finish above .500. So count on Washington to head to the Alamo Bowl; Utah to the Sun Bowl and California to the Holiday Bowl.
- That leaves Arizona State and UCLA as the two teams remaining in the Conference that are Bowl eligible and UCLA will finish with a record of 6 – 7.
With all that said, it's time to do some predicting:
I'll take ASU to head to the Las Vegas Bowl on December 22 nd (2011) to take on TCU, while UCLA finds a berth in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl in San Francisco on December 31 st.
The Devils wrapped up the season with a four game losing streak to finish at 6 – 6 while the Horned Frogs are currently 9 – 2 with a game Saturday against UNLV.