Put your wallet away because there are lots of free things to do this weekend.
Protect your identity and shred your documents for free at a free Shred-A-Thon.
It's called Shred Hunger and the purpose is to help families who need a little help.
Take all of your documents that you want shredded to Monte Vista Elementary School in Phoenix on Saturday.
They will be shredding from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. or until the truck is full.
They are asking for non-perishable food donations if you have it to give.
Monte Vista Elementary School
15221 S. Ray Rd., Phoenix
From protecting your identity to protecting your health.
The free screenings are at locations all around the valley throughout May.
Appointments are limited so call (602) 230-CARE (2273) or go online to register soon. Use the drop down menu and scroll down to "stroke check" to find your nearest location.
Other Valley Hospitals are also offering free stroke checks next month to honor Stroke Awareness Month. It's in conjunction with the American Stroke Association 's program, StrokeCheck.
StrokeCheck offers the following:
· Stroke risk assessment.
· Blood pressure checks and pulse check for peripheral vascular disease.
· Cholesterol and glucose screenings.
· Body mass index (BMI) calculations.
· Copy of screening results.
· Free heart healthy refreshments and educational materials.
· May 14, 9 a.m. - noon, St. Luke's Medical Center , 1800 E. Van Buren St., Phoenix.
· May 15, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Mountain Vista Medical Center , 1301 S. Crismon Road, Mesa.
· May 17, 9 a.m. - noon, Tempe St. Luke's Hospital , 1500 S. Mill Ave., Tempe.
Appointments are required and are limited. To make an appointment at Mountain Vista Medical Center call 877-924-WELL (9355) and to make an appointment at St. Luke's Medical Center or Tempe St. Luke's Hospital call 877-351-WELL (9355).
And Earth Day is over, but don't forget there are lots of free earth day events happening this weekend including a recycling event, a little help with spring cleaning and another free shredding event.