Two hospitalized after Sun City house fire

SUN CITY, AZ - A man and woman were taken to the hospital with smoke inhalation after their home caught fire in Sun City early Friday morning.

Sun City firefighters told ABC15 the man said several candles were burning when he went to bed around 3 am.

The two got out of the house near 107th and Peoria avenues with a dog after he woke up and smelled smoke.

When fire crews arrived around 5 a.m. the man was outside trying to put the fire out with a garden hose.

Firefighters said the fire was mostly contained to the kitchen and caused around $20,000 in damages.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments