FD: Woman returns to burning home to rescue pets

PEORIA, AZ - Two people escaped injury when their home caught fire in the northwest Valley Friday morning.

The fire started in a chimney and spread to the attic at the home near 83rd Avenue and Happy Valley Road, according to a Peoria Fire Department official.

Officials said the male resident got out without a problem but his wife went back into the home to rescue her dogs, rabbit and turtle.

When Maricopa County Sheriff's deputies arrived, they went into the house to get her out.

Fire officials say the home did not have working smoke detectors.

No injuries were reported. There was no immediate word on the fate of the animals.

Check back with abc15.com for updates.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments