PEORIA, AZ - Peoria residents were asked to stay inside their homes Wednesday while hazmat crews investigated a chlorine leak near 106th Avenue and Beardsley.
Authorities told ABC15, a chlorine tank had a faulty valve that caused a small leak in the tank.
The fire department sent reverse 911 calls asking people to stay inside their home while they investigated.
Hazmat crews used a container called a "coffin" to encase the cylinder and stop the release of gas.
Rose Garden Lane was closed at 107th Avenue through 104th Drive while hazmat crews fixed the leak.