GLENDALE, AZ - A 13-year-old girl is being treated at a local hospital after being burned in a small oil fire Friday morning in Glendale.
Benjamin Santillan with Phoenix Fire said its department, along with crews from Peoria and Glendale received an emergency call Friday afternoon that a teenager had been injured in an oil fire near Northern and 43rd avenues.
Santillan said the girl was in the kitchen when a pan on the stove caught fire. The girl went to remove the pan and dropped it, spilling the oil. The girl suffered minor to moderate splatter burns to her face and arms, he said.
The fire was contained to the pan. No firefighters were injured, he said.