GLENDALE, AZ - The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office says a reported meth lab in Glendale may be a hoarding situation instead.
Deputies say a man living in a second floor unit of the Desert Gardens apartment complex near 135th and Glendale avenues told a neighbor to call 911, saying he had been cleaning with Clorox bleach when he got really sick and couldn't breathe.
Authorities told ABC15, when crews arrived on scene, they found the man passed out in the parking lot.
Crews entered the home around 5:30 p.m. to take air samples inside the home.
Maricopa County Sheriffs Office Hazmat Tecs are on scene at 13517 West Glendale to take air samples of hazmat situation!— Deputy Enriquez (@DeputyEnriquez) September 2, 2014
Crews said there was so much stuff inside the home, they were forced to break in through the windows.
MCSO officials said once inside the home, they didn't find any meth or explosives inside.
Maricopa County Sheriffs Office Hazmat Tecs and Fire have called it all clear, no lab at 13517 West Glendale Great job by sheriffs deputies!— Deputy Enriquez (@DeputyEnriquez) September 2, 2014
The apartment owner was taken to the hospital to be evaluated.
A firefighter was also transported to the hospital for what is believed to be a heat-related illness.
Deputies say no charges are being filed at this time.
Stay with ABC15 News, abc15.com and ABC15 Mobile for updates.