Five bottles of nitric acid found at a mobile home park in Glendale; causing hazmat situation

GLENDALE, AZ - A hazmat situation broke out Friday afternoon at 65th Avenue and Glendale Ave.

According to Glendale fire, there were five bottles of nitric acid found at a mobile home park.

The 43-year-old property manager smelled the strong, chemical odor and followed it to a dumpster where the containers were located.

He picked up one of the containers and the fumes overwhelmed him, his wife, Linneya Krell, told ABC15.

"He started choking and jumped down to get away from it," she said.

Hazmat crews were on the scene making sure the situation was cleaned up properly.

Five people from two homes were evacuated, but are all back in the their homes.

Glendale High School, which is nearby, was not on lockdown due to the situation.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments