Firefighters shocked by live wires battling Glendale mobile home fire

GLENDALE, AZ - Five firefighters were shocked by live wires battling a mobile home fire Monday in Glendale.

Fire crews say they think the fire started outside the home near 67th Avenue and Greenway Road and quickly spread inside.

Fire officials said stuff crammed from the floor to the ceiling of the home made it hard to battle the blaze.

The five firefighters were shocked by live wires when a power line hit a fence and charged it.

Fire officials said they are doing OK and did not suffer serious injuries.

A husband and wife in their 60s lived inside the home. The husband was transported to a local hospital.

His condition is unknown at this time. His wife did not suffer any injuries.

Firefighters are still trying to determine what caused the fire.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments