GLENDALE, AZ - Twenty one people were evacuated from a Glendale care center Thursday night when a fire broke out in a utility room.
Glendale Fire Department spokesman Michael Young said the fire broke out at the Glencroft retirement living center at 67th Avenue and Olive around 9 p.m.
Fire officials said the fire started on the fourth floor. Sprinklers knocked the fire out before it destroyed the building.
Firefighters said all the residents on the fourth floor will have to be relocated.
The Glendale Fire Department tweeted out at 10:41 p.m. initial findings point to a faulty ice machine that caused the fire.