Elderly residents in Glendale wake up to smoke and flames

GLENDALE, AZ - Two Glendale residents say a cigarette is to blame for a fire that destroyed the front part of their home.

Firefighters say the fire broke out near 43rd Avenue and Northern Avenue around 1:30 a.m. Monday morning.

ABC15 spoke with the elderly couple who was inside the home. They say the fire started in one of the bedrooms and then quickly spread throughout the entire front of the house.

Adding to the danger was the fact that the man is wheelchair bound and on oxygen.

Firefighters had to help him out the front door.

The couple and their cat are now staying at a local hotel.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments