GLENDALE, AZ - Football fans should be aware of changes in the parking plan before heading out to see the Arizona Cardinals play Friday night.
The University of Phoenix parking lots are now color-coded and that means new designated entry points.
This affects areas in and around the Westgate City Center area.
Season ticket holders have received parking permits with detailed instructions. The new colors and appropriate access points are:
- Purple- access via Glendale Avenue, south on 95th Avenue
- Blue- access via Glendale Avenue, south on 93rd Avenue
- Yellow- access via Glendale Avenue, south on 91st Avenue
Debbie Albert, with the city of Glendale, said the new system should alleviate bottleneck traffic off of the 95th Avenue entrance. In years past, drivers would enter here and immediately turn in the closest parking lot, she said.
Single game ticket holders have three designated parking areas.
- Kellis High School, located on the east side of 91st Avenue, just north of Orangewood Avenue. A free shuttle service will run between the high school and the stadium beginning two hours before the game and ending one hour after the game.
- Game day cash parking is available at Westgate City Center and the Renaissance Hotel parking garage.
Parking lots will open four hours prior to kickoff. For those planning to arrive early and tailgate, traffic officials are reminding drivers that vehicles are not allowed to stage or park on city streets prior to lots opening.
The pre-season home opener kicks off with coverage at 6:30 p.m. on ABC15.