BUCKEYE, AZ - Three students were taken to the hospital after they apparently took a prescription drug at Freedom Elementary School in Buckeye Thursday.
Two males and one female student, all 13 years old, were transported by ambulance to Phoenix Children's Hospital for treatment and evaluation and are listed in good condition, Buckeye Fire Chief Bob Costello said.
Buckeye police said one student brought the migraine pills to school today and when he went to take one he also gave a pill to two of his friends.
Buckeye police spokeswoman Tamela Skaggs said the students were not showing signs of overdose or trauma.
Skaggs said a student notified an adult at the school about the children taking the medication and the students were taken to the office.
Freedom Elementary School is located near 220th Lane and Sundance Parkway in Buckeye.