Cigarette may have caused Avondale garage explosion

AVONDALE, AZ - Avondale police say they received a call around 1:30 a.m. about a possible fire or explosion at a home near Dysart Road and Buckeye in Avondale. 

When they showed up,they found three people with burns to their faces and arms.

All three were transported to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries. 

Remnants of the garage door were in the driveway, and police say a witness told them the explosion may have been a result of a cigarette touching some sort of chemical or gas in the garage.

They're still trying to figure out what the cigarette may have ignited. 

Stay tuned to abc15.com for any new developments.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments
Your Region News
West Valley Phoenix Metro Southeast Valley Northeast Valley Northern Arizona Central/Southern AZ