3 pets die, family escapes house fire in Avondale

AVONDALE, AZ - A family of four was able to escape, but their pets perished when a fire broke out at a home in Avondale overnight.

Authorities said a dryer sparked the fire that spread to the attic of the home near Avondale and Encanto boulevards early Friday morning.

There was significant damage inside the home.

A mother, father and two children got out of the home safely, but two parrots and a cat died of smoke inhalation.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments