1 dog saved, 1 dies in Avondale house fire

AVONDALE, AZ - Firefighters were able to save one of two dogs after a fire broke out at a home in Avondale early Friday.

A fire official says there was a woman inside the home when the fire apparently started in the kitchen.

She was able to get out but the dogs weren't.

Firefighters were able to get the dogs out and both appeared lifeless.

They tried to resuscitate the dogs and were only able to save one.

The damage to the house near 107th Avenue and Durango Street was contained to the kitchen and attic.

There was no word on how the fire started.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments