Tempe teen Joshua Prater pleads guilty in explosive device case

TEMPE, AZ - A 19-year-old Tempe man accused of having an improvised explosive device in his bedroom in his family's home has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charge of disorderly count.

Joshua Prater had previously been charged with misconduct involving weapons, but a Maricopa County Superior Court spokeswoman says he pleaded guilty to the reduced charge Wednesday.

Police have said a cleaning woman in May 2013 found the device inside the home and took it to a fire station.

Firefighters notified police, and the bomb squad responded and disabled the device.

Print this article Back to Top

Comments
Your Region News
West Valley Phoenix Metro Southeast Valley Northeast Valley Northern Arizona Central/Southern AZ